Tuesday, May 18, 2010

On Your Mark

I have given myself until the end of the year to:

1) complete a draft of my book, "The Other N Word";
2) officially launch my business Muse Creative Arts Agency; and
3) work with my "Millionaire Muse" Sheila Johnson.

I figured the best way to make sure that this all gets done is to put it out in the universe and create some accountability for myself. Today is May 18th, I now have 7.5 months to overcome my:

1) fear of failure (85% there),
2) tendency to overthink (50% there),
3) desire to help everyone with a creative dream (30% there),
4) excitement about projects that will reap no financial reward (60% there),
5) tendency to undermine my accomplishments because I know my true potential (40% there),
6) tendency to trump my good ideas with other "better" ones before seeing them all the way through (75% there),
7) tendency to "beg for the grunt work" instead of demanding (or at least asking) for what I really want and deserve (25% there).

By putting these things down on (virtual) paper, I am forced to confront them in (virtual) reality instead of only in my head where I am able to rationalize my behavior, decisions, failures, successess and progress toward "mogulhood" in a way that keeps me in my comfort zone and blocks me from the greatness that I know to be my destiny.

The Muse

No comments:

Post a Comment